Greetings from Beautiful Belize! This is Kristin! Thank you
all so much for your prayers and support. This week (so far) has been such a
crazy experience. As a first timer on a missions trip, I am in awe of
everything I’ve done and seen here. I’ve heard all about it from the people
who’ve come to Belize on previous trips and told me so many stories, but until
you experience it yourself, it just doesn’t really sink in. I’ve got to meet a
lot of people that the “old guys” have met before on previous trips and know
very well, and that I’ve heard a lot of stories about, so I feel like I already
know them, but, oh my goodness, these guys are so funny! And let me just say,
some of the nicest people I have ever met! We’ve gone to the school twice now
and the kids there are really fun to be around. They are kind of fascinated by
my tattoos and like to trace them on my arms. I’m supposed to be leading the
songs each day, but they’re really the ones leading me. They know all of them
(and in 4 different languages in the case of This is the Day lol) and sing them
better than me. The work we’re doing is at a church, we’re painting and doing
some structural work (not me, I’m not a construction/ladder person and way too
clumsy, and they want the building to look better than when we started). The
colors they picked are so bright and I love them. The wife of the pastor of the
church has been so grateful for the work we’re doing. She is so nice and has
come over to talk with us each day. There is a woman who goes to the church
that came by today with some fruit for us and just thanked us over and over
again for helping with their church. It’s really humbling to do this. It
doesn’t seem like we’re doing that much but they are just so thankful for what
we’re doing. It’s really amazing to see. This afternoon I got to go to a place
called Pickstock. It’s another church in another area of Belize City and it is
VERY different from any other place I’ve ever been. It was pretty crazy.
They’re a rowdy bunch there for sure. We got to read with them and sing some
songs then played with them outside. When it was time to leave, they were all
hugging us and asking us to stay and hanging on to us, not wanting us to go. I
cried a little bit when we left. (It’s what I do. I cry a lot lol) The work
we’re doing is pretty tiring but it’s been very rewarding. It’s unlike anything
I’ve ever done in my life, but it’s something I’ve felt that God has put on my
heart for a while now, and this was the time to do it. Sorry if this is kind of all over the place,
but I had a lot to say, and wanted to make sure I got it all in. I’m sure
there’s a lot that I missed though. There’s been a lot of amazing things
happening (and this is only TUESDAY!! We’re still here until Sunday!) Please continue to pray for us as we continue
doing His work here! Love to you all!
<3 KB
No comments:
Post a Comment